1. Home /
  2. Community /
  3. /
  4. December 2023 Newsletter

December 2023 Newsletter

December 1, 2023 |

Fall colors on Syrah vines at Compris Vineyard, with mountain views in the distance.

Happiest of Holidays to Our Compris Family and Friends,

We wish you and yours the very best this holiday season. Whether gathering near or far or on Zoom, being connected to, and thankful for, each other is what's important to us this time of year. With the wine from the fall all tucked away, and the vineyard starting to transition to dormancy, we are able to take a bit of time to slow down, plan for the new year just ahead of us, and reach out to those we haven't seen in a while.

If it's been a moment since we've seen you, or even if it hasn't, we would love to have you up to the vineyard this month. There are still some beautiful fall colors to behold across the valley while sipping on your favorite glass by the fire pit, so come say hi to your Compris fam!

We are incredibly thankful to have you along on our journey.

~The Compris Crew

Giving Thanks

It has not historically been my forte to be reflective in nature, my career path seemed to always demand a faster pace than reflection would allow for. At least that's the excuse I'll give. The years would come and go with the emphasis on what's next, never what has been. Then, just over three years ago, Erin and I entered the world of winegrowing and now here I am, joyfully playing in the reflective sandbox. What changed? Am I working less hours to allow the time for these previously unwelcomed thoughts and memories to seep into my day to day? Certainly not. Is it a part of getting older? Maybe, but I'd love to pretend that's not the case...yet. Is it the wine? It must be! But why and how? It has now been four months since we made the transition to pouring only wines from vintages that Erin and I were a part of. Every time I pour one of our wines, each time I taste one of them, when I'm describing them, when I'm packing them up to send home with someone, I am reflecting on the efforts that were collectively made in making them a reality. I think about the long harvest days, the late-night fermentation management, the mornings into nights on the tractor, whatever farming hurdles were overcome, the bottling with friends and family, the community that rallies around us and supports us whenever we need a helping hand, the list is honestly endless. The result is a consistent diet of reflection by yours truly. And guess what? I kind of dig it. So, as I continue down this sentimental path in this Holiday Season ripe with opportunity for such things, I would like to say "Thank You". Thank you for making the choice to be on this journey with us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to live our dream. Thank you for the laughs. Thank you for the meaningful conversations. Thank you for being a valued part of the Compris Family. Have a wonderful holiday season and allow yourself the freedom to pause and reflect the next you raise a glass, you might be surprised by the result. ~ Dru

It's not too late to stock up...

Wine has the unique ability to bring people together and it is meant to be shared - be sure you have the perfect bottle on hand for your celebrations! Who says you have to wait for Summer to be enjoying Rosé? Our Valley Skies Rosé of Tempranillo, with its cranberry, grapefruit, and fresh herb notes, is your perfect Winter companion. Whether for cozy nights by the fire or festive gatherings, bring in the Valley Skies to elevate it all. Order now to get yours before the Holidays and secure a bottle before it is gone for another season! Browse Our Wine Selection!

In need of a gift for someone special? Give the gift of Compris! A bottle of wine is always nice, or consider one of our virtual gift cards. Either one will pair quite well with good food and great people! Purchase A Gift Card!

Read Our New Blog

Our new blog is up and ready for viewing! In this post, Ryan talks about a common thought about wine tasting - that it can be an intimidating experience. He thoughtfully outlines steps we all can keep in mind when taking a sip (or two!) of wine. Please give it a read! Check it Out!

Open House & Upcoming Release Wines

A few weeks back, just before Thanksgiving, we were thrilled to welcome a wonderful crowd to our Open House event. It was a heartwarming experience filled with laughter, good company, and, of course, exceptional wines; we are especially grateful for the enthusiastic reception of our two unreleased wines: the 2021 As One Pinot Noir and the 2021 Midnight Journey Syrah. These wines were a hit, and we are excited to have them available early next year.

For those who couldn’t join us, we missed you, but don’t worry! We can’t wait to share these new creations with you soon. Stay tuned for their official release, and get ready to embark on an exciting year of new wines in 2024. Thank you to everyone who made our Open House a memorable occasion. We look forward to offering more fun experiences together with our community.

Seasonal Reminder

As our exciting year draws to an end, so do our 2023 tastings. The Tasting Room will be closed from December 18th through January 4th as our team takes a pause to cherish moments with our families. There is still time, though! Join us by December 17th to pick up one of our wines to share at your Holiday parties. Whether you need something for gifting or celebrating, we've got you covered. See you all soon!

Our December Cause ~ Inclusion

Compris exists to create a more sustainable, inclusive, and equitable community through wine. For the month of December, we highlight and lift up Our Legacy Harvested (OLH), a local nonprofit founded in 2020 to educate, advance, and empower the BIPOC community in the wine industry. OLH works with individuals at any career level to advance their knowledge, expertise, and opportunities in wine by providing an internship experience, including housing, for their interns. They believe in fostering and facilitating bread-breaking opportunities with industry representatives and members of the winemaking community to encourage strong, lasting relationships. OLH values partnering with wineries to ensure tasting rooms, cellars, and vineyards better reflect the diverse world of wine they represent.

Learn more by visiting their website, Instagram, and Facebook!

For the month of December, Compris Vineyard will be donating one dollar from every bottle sold or glass pour purchased of our Mountain Echo Pinot noir to Our Legacy Harvested.

A Special Offer From Our Chehalem Mountains AVA

Our Chehalem Mountains AVA is offering a special bundle, just in time for the holidays! The Mystery Bundle is a randomized 6-bottle set selected from 24 wineries nestled in the picturesque Chehalem Mountains. Sip your way through a curated selection of reds, whites, and sparkling wines handpicked for their exceptional taste and unique stories. Each winery in the collection carefully selected a wine that showcases the unique terror of the Chehalem Mountains and their winemaking styles - we are honored to showcase our 2021 Mountain Echo Pinot noir. Don't miss out on this special opportunity! Please note, pick up and delivery only available in Oregon. Learn More!

"If food is the body of good living, wine is its soul." ~ Clifton Fadiman

Photo of Featured Product

3-Clones Pinot Noir

Shop